isCleaner Job Board
JUNIOR/INTERMEDIATE/SENIOR HYDROGEOLOGISTS (expired)
WATERLINE RESOURCES INC Calgary AB Canada
QUALIFICATIONS: Waterline Resources Inc. has immediate openings for entry-level, intermediate and senior hydrogeologists.
Minimum requirement for hydrogeology applicants is a B.Sc./M.Sc./PhD from a recognized University. Junior (0-4 years), Intermediate (4+ years), and senior (7+ years) experience. We are seeking a professional with a bachelor or graduate-level degree in hydrogeology or an engineering disciply from a recognized university with a strong program/background in water resources hydrogeology or contaminant hydrogeology.
Only qualified persons should apply. Please direct resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB DUTIES: In addition to your university degree, an applicant who has the following experience/skills, is highly motivated and willing to learn, would be given preferred consideration:
-Strong writing and communication skills;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Excel, Word, Powerpoint, AutoCAD, CorelDRAW, database programs;
- Proficiency with analytical and numerical computer models AQTESOLV, MODFLOW, AQUA or
equivalent software, and borehole logging programs;
- Understanding of water well construction and water treatment systems,
-Understanding of regional hydrogeologic systems including aquifer recharge/discharge,
groundwater/surface water interactions, and groundwater geochemistry;
- Experience with various types of monitoring well and water well construction and installation procedures;
- Contaminant hydrogeology and remediation;
- Well testing, well development, slug tests/packer testing/pumping testing, and analysis;
- Installation and use of data loggers, submersible pumps, generators, flow meters;
- Drilling supervision and familiarity with auger, air and wet rotary;
- Core logging and soil/sediment sample description
- Geological and groundwater mapping,
- Surface water and groundwater sampling, QA/QC programs;
- Management of local and remote field programs;
- Intermediate and senior applicants are expected to have excellent communication and writing skills, in addition to project management and business development experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Salary is highly competitive within the industry and commensurate with education, experience, and professional registration status in Alberta and/or BC, and/or Saskatchewan.