Posts Tagged ‘Construction’
- EU begins process to regulate carbon emissions from shipping
- Big trees face uncertain future
- Achieving zero: delivering future-friendly buildings
The PICS News Scan is produced by ISIS at the Sauder School of Business and the Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions (PICS). To be added to the News Scan distribution list or to provide content feedback and/or suggestions about interesting news items, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: Advanced Clean Cars program, BC, Big, Biodiversity, Biomass, boreal, British Columbia, Building, California, Cap-and-Trade, car emissions, carbon emissions, Carbon footprint, carbon market, carbon pricing, carbon reduction, Carbon sink, carbon-management, Clean Energy, Clean tech, Climate Change, climate impact, climate policy, Construction, consumption, ecoENERGY, ecology, Electric, emissions, Energy Efficiency, energy waste, EU, Europe, European Union, flood damage, flooding, Forest, GHG, GHG emissions, giant, global warming, greenhouse gas, heat waves, hybrid, lake, large, LiveSmart, lobby, logging, low carbon economy, manufacturers, metrics, old, Old-growth, private sector, regulate, renewable energy, Shipping, social indicators, sustainability, Tree, UK, United Kingdom, vehicle, water shortage, Western Climate Initiative, zero carbon
Posted in AB, BC, buildings, Clean Energy, Clean power, Clean tech, Efficiency, Electric, Europe, Footprint, GHG reduction, International, storage, transportation, US | No Comments »
The GLOBE Foundation is an international consultancy in the business of the environment. GLOBE stands for Global Opportunities for the Business of the Environment.
GLOBE’s expertise lies in project management, event development, and management and consulting in the fields of environment and energy, urban development and corporate responsibility.
An internationally recognized champion of environmental business, the Foundation has produced its GLOBE Series of international Conferences and Trade Fairs on the business of the environment for nearly two decades.
The Foundation has produced a host of major events, including the UN’s World Urban Forum in Vancouver, and its annual consumer event, EPIC: The Sustainable Living Expo. The Foundation also manages The EXCEL Partnership, a forum for Canada’s top business executives to share corporate environmental business strategies and to improve global competitiveness. In partnership with The Globe and Mail, the Foundation manages a national awards program to recognize the contributions of Canadian enterprises to environmental excellence.
Tags: Alternative Energy, Automotive, Building, Climate Change, Construction, Energy Efficiency, Environment, Environmental Protection, Recycling, transportation, Urban Development, Waste Management, Water and Wastewater Management
Posted in Companies | Comments Off
- Qualstar Announces Rollout of the First Fully Outsourced RLS(TM) Product May 24, 2013
- BC Safety Authority: Gas and Electrical Equipment Safety in Floods May 24, 2013
- EnergySolutions and Energy Capital Partners Announce Closing of Merger May 24, 2013
- Schneider Electric Announces Keynotes for D.C. Xperience Efficiency Event May 24, 2013
- DayStar Technologies, Inc. (DSTI) Announces the Successful Closing of a 20% Equity Position in Premier Global May 24, 2013
- NW Natural Reports on Progress of Key Initiatives at Annual Meeting of Shareholders May 23, 2013
- Volkswagen Chattanooga Builds 250,000th Passat Sedan May 23, 2013
- Hammond Power Solutions Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend May 23, 2013
- A Letter From the President of Liberated Energy, Inc. May 23, 2013
- LumaSense Introduces Rel-Rad(TM) -- Breakthrough Thermal Imaging Technology May 23, 2013
- Multimedia Release -- Military Families Get a Memorial Day Surprise From Outback Steakhouse(R) and Tim McGraw May 25, 2013CHICAGO, May 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As Memorial Day weekend kicks-off, Country music superstar Tim McGraw teamed up with Outback Steakhouse® and Operation Homefront to surprise ten families from across the country that have a long family history of military service at a lunch at a local Outback in Chicago. Surprise guest, McGraw, thanked the families f […]
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Confirms Pittsburgh Corning Corporation Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization May 25, 2013PITTSBURGH, May 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pittsburgh Corning Corporation, ( […]
- INVESTOR ALERT: The Rosen Law Firm, P.A. Reminds UniTek Global Services, Inc. Investors of Important Class Action Deadline -- UNTK May 25, 2013NEW YORK, May 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Rosen Law Firm reminds investors of the important June 18, 2013 lead plaintiff deadline in the class action lawsuit filed on behalf of all purchasers of the securities of UniTek Global Services, Inc., (UNTK) between May 18, 2011 and April 12, 2013, inclusive (the "Class Period"). […]
- Rosen Law Firm Reminds Exide Tech. Investors of Important Class Action Deadline -- XIDE May 25, 2013NEW YORK, May 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Rosen Law Firm, P.A. reminds investors of the important June 14, 2013 lead plaintiff deadline in the class action lawsuit on behalf of investors who purchased the securities of Exide Technologies (XIDE) between February 9, 2012 and April 3, 2013, inclusive (the "Class Period"). […]
- The Rosen Law Firm Reminds Digital Generation, Inc. Investors of Important Class Action Deadline -- DGIT May 25, 2013NEW YORK, May 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Rosen Law Firm reminds investors of the July 1, 2013 deadline in the class action lawsuit filed on behalf of all purchasers of the securities of Digital Generation, Inc., (Nasdaq:DGIT) between June 20, 2011 and February 19, 2013. […]
- Rosen Law Firm Reminds Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation Investors of Important Class Action Deadline -- MHR, MHR-PD, MHR-PE, MHR-PC May 25, 2013NEW YORK, May 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Rosen Law Firm reminds investors of the important June 24, 2013 lead plaintiff deadline in the class action filed on behalf of all purchasers of the securities of Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation (MHR, MHR-PD, MHR-PE, MHR-PC) between January 17, 2012 and April 22, 2013, (the "Class Period"). […]
- Anchor BanCorp Wisconsin Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year Results May 25, 2013MADISON, Wis., May 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Anchor BanCorp Wisconsin Inc. (OTC Market:ABCW) today announced a net loss available to common equity of $17.5 million, or $0.82 per common share, for the three months ended March 31, 2013. This compares to a net loss available to common equity of $15.1 million, or $0.71 per common share and $7.4 million, or $0 […]
- Peoples Bancorp Announces Cash Dividend May 25, 2013NEWTON, N.C., May 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Peoples Bancorp of North Carolina, Inc. (Nasdaq:PEBK) declared a cash dividend for the second quarter of 2013 in the amount of $0.03 per share at their most recent meeting. The cash dividend will be paid on June 14, 2013 to shareholders of record June 4, 2013. […]
- GET A TRUE TASTE OF LOCAL CULTURE ON WORLDWIDE GUIDED VACATIONS FEATURING SPECIAL CULINARY HIGHLIGHTS May 25, 2013ANAHEIM, Calif., May 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Imagine tasting fresh pasta in Italy, savory seafood paella in Spain, succulent sushi in Tokyo, or delighting in the spicy kick of Creole cuisine while in Louisiana. Now imagine cooking these dishes with a culinary master while on vacation. Award-winning guided vacations company, […]
- LUCARA ANNUAL MEETING UPDATE May 25, 2013May 24, 2013 (LUC – TSX, LUC – BSE, LUC – NASDAQ OMX First North) … Lucara Diamond Corp. (“Lucara” or the “Company”) announces that, further to the news release dated April 22, 2013, the Annual and Special Meeting of the Company will be held in the Maple Room, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP, Suite 2600 - 595 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, on […]